Rafting is the most popular outdoor activity in Niseko. Jump into a rubber boat with your friends and challenge yourself to a trip down one of Hokkaido's most beautiful rivers, the Shiribetsu river. Along with your fellow crew and experienced guide, you will enjoy the thrills and excitement of rafting on whitewater. Based on the season, Hokkaido Rivers offer rafting trips suited to the adventure seekers with the large snow melt in spring time, through to lower graded tours that the whole family can enjoy in summer. Whether you are a first timer or an experienced outdoor sports fanatic, rafting is amazing fun and suitable for all ages.
|Dates of Operation|| |
June 1 - October 31, 2020
- Duration: around 3 hours
- Starting Times: AM (9:00AM~) or PM (1:30PM~)
- For safety reasons, Spring course (snow meltwater streams) is only available for people aged 13 and above. If you come with children (age 4 - 12), we have Summer course available for you even during Spring.
PREVENTION MEASURES AGAINST COVID-19
This season’s summer activities at Hanazono Niseko Resort will operate while sticking to the following guidelines to ensure the safety of our customers and our employees. Please read it carefully before booking.
Please bring and wear a mask when entering the resort center Hanazono 308, and keep it on while moving to the activity location.
The big hit "Douminwari" travel subsidies, which sold out in just 3 hours, are now available for sale! You can enjoy rafting during a 5-day mega holiday in September at a very reasonable price now! Click here for the detail.
Please note that Hanazono's original discount will be offered after the "Douminwari" sells out.
We will announce the details in our newsletter. If you would like to receive our newsletter, please sign up here.
- Booking is available 2 hours before the start time. Please check the details for a booking of the activity package.
- Child price ages : 3 - 12
This rafting trip is the perfect combination of fun, adventure, and safety for younger kids. Even children as young as three years of age can enjoy a safe and exciting journey with the whole family.
|Dates of Operation||July 11 - September 6, 2020|
- Duration: around 2.5 hours
- Starting Times: AM (9:00AM~) or PM (1:30PM~)
- Booking for kid's rafting is available until 5:00 pm one day in advance.
|AM START 8:50am||PM START 1:20pm|
* Please check-in at the main activities desk at Hanazono Resort Center. (Hanazono 308)
You may be wondering what to bring on your HANAZONO whitewater rafting adventure, and for good reason. You will be fitted out with a dry or wet suit but as we run rafting tours rain or shine you are likely to get wet, so it’s a good idea to be prepared no matter what kind of river tour you have planned.
We recommend that you wear loose fitting clothes, avoid skirts, jeans and any material that does not stretch. Please also keep in mind the river water can remain cold throughout the year so please ensure you bring an extra layer of clothing.
- Clothing - We recommend a short sleeved shirt and shorts in Mid Summer (mid July – late August) and a long sleeved shirt and long pants in Spring and Autumn.
- Glasses - If you wear glasses, we can provide you with a string so you don’t lose them on the river.
- Contact lenses - Please either change to glasses or only wear disposable contact lenses. You may also wear goggles over you contact lenses.
- Watches/Jewelry - Please remove all watches, jewelry before you arrive.
- Shoes - You will be fitted out with river booties for your trip, there is no need for socks.
- A full change of clothes & a towel - You will get wet!
- Cameras & electronic devices - Please do not bring any cameras, electronic devices with you on the river. We have professional photographers that will take action shots of you tour. Photo CD’s are available for purchase for ¥2,000.
- Other Valuables - When bringing any valuables please remember to store them in the lockers provided
Once you are ready, our guides will instruct you on how to get fitted out. Below is the standard for the majority of our river trips.
Protect your head from impact.
② Life jacket
It has strong buoyancy and you will not drown even if you fall off the boat.
Tethered type waterproof suit. The wrists, ankles, and neck are made of thin rubber, and the zipper around the body is waterproof. However, since it is not tailor-made, it may be flooded due to the individual body's differences or too much movement.
④ River shoes
Shoes made of the same materials as wetsuits. They have a mechanism that keeps your foot warm even when they're wet.
Guests under the influence of alcohol may not participate on river tours.
Pregnant customers may not join the river tours.
In order to prevent accidents, except for rafting equipment, we do not allow guests to take personal belongings like camera, mobile phone, etc. during the tour.
SPRING - Late April - late May (Adults only)
In late April meters of winter snow begin to melt, creeks spring to life, rivers swell... Spring unfolds in an extravagance of budding trees, new life, and wildflower splendor. The snowmelt causes the river to swell to more than 3-4 times its normal volume, with grade four rapid sections through rocky chutes and occasionally open, calmer sections where you can catch your breath and soak in the beautiful natural surroundings. The Spring course starts near Hirafu Station and finishes 12km downstream at Niseko Station.
SUMMER - Early June - Middle September
In June, when the run-off from the mountains has eased, the rafting course moves to Kyougoku, a less challenging but beautiful 8km gentle ride into Kutchan town. This course offers grade 2 rapids and is particularly recommended for families and first-timers. The river widens out in places, along the way you will stop to dive, play or just relax in the natural environment.
AUTUMN - Late September - Late October
Held at the Kyougoku course, this tour is also recommended for families and first-timers. Enjoy the spectacular display from the river of changing colours to the lush landscape as you gently drift your way down the Shiribetsu River.
A photograph package is available for 1,000 yen (tax included) under the prevention measures against COVID-19. Please feel free to ask your guide or the staff if you would like to purchase it. A QR code is ready to download pictures after the activity. To avoid crowding and staying for hours inside the facility, we don't display the images taken on the monitor.
- There is a minimum of 20 pictures included in the package.
- We take pictures from picture spots on the course.
- There may be times when subjects are slightly blurry during an activity.
- We don't include such pictures in the package.
- Please note that not every scene you pose is captured since we take photos while moving.
- Click here for sample pictures.
Inquiries & Booking
- Booking for rafting is available 2 hours before the start time, booking for kid's rafting is available until 5:00 pm one day in advance.
- Please check the details for a booking of the activity package.
- If there is availability, participation on the same day is also possible. Please call to inquire.
Please be aware the following cancellation policy applies to bookings:
- Cancellations received 2 days prior to the booking will incur no cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received 1 day prior to the booking will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received on the day of the tour will incur a full 100% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations caused by inclement weather, flight and public transport delays etc will incur no cancellation fee.