Prevention Measures Against COVID-19
In this page, you will find safety measures to prevent covid-19 at Niseko Hanazono Resort.
Based on the "Basic Policy for Countermeasures against Covid-19 Infections" and "New way of life" presented by the Japanese government, "New Hokkaido Style" is a new lifestyle and business style for practicing in Hokkaido. In line with this "New Hokkaido Style" and under the guidance of government agencies, the resort is operated with the highest priority given to ensuring the health and safety of all guests and staff.
Basic Approach to Health and Safety
• Attention should be paid to the health management of all persons involved in the resort, including guests and staff.
• Intensify cleaning and disinfection to provide sanitised facilities.
• Ensure social distancing and a well-ventilated air environment.
What we ask of guests at the time of considering visiting
・ Have our guests take their own temperature in advance.
・ Understanding and cooperation to prevent the spread of infection, such as postponing the visit if guests are not feeling well. In addition, we will notify in advance that customers who fall under the following items will be refused entry to the resort.
・ Those who have close contact with a person who is positive for Covid-19.
・ In countries where the government has restricted entry within the last 14 days or required observation periods after entry, those who have visited or had close contact with the residents in the area.
What to ask of guests when coming to Hanazono
・Wearing a mask.
・Hand wash and gargle.
・Ensuring social distance when entering a queue or seating (1 ~ 2 m recommended)
・Utilization of online advance reservation and payment.
・Use of cashless payments such as credit cards when making local payments.
Common measures for the Hanazono Resort
・Require all staff to take temperature before going to work (employees to refrain from attending the workplace if experiencing a temperature/fever over 37.5 degrees.)
・Encourage all staff to gargle regularly.
・Require service staff to wear masks or shields.
・Hand sanitizer will be installed at the entrance of each building and in the restrooms.
・Regular ventilation of vehicles and buildings
・Turn off hand dryers and install paper towels in restrooms.
・Installation of signage to encourage social distancing, hand washing, gargling, and wearing a mask will be displayed.
・In addition to regular cleaning, implement additional disinfection for areas and facilities in direct contact with guests and staff.
・Avoid direct contact between guests and staff wherever possible (use coin trays, wear gloves, etc.)
・Installation of anti-splash acrylic screens at customer service counters (ticket booths, NISS, shops, restaurants, cafes, etc.)
Hokkaido Covid-19 notification system
Hanazono uses the email notification system provided by Hokkaido. This system sends out an email, if there is anyone confirmed as Coved-19 positive among those who visited the facility on the SAME DAY.
Please support by registering upon arriving at the facility.
General Prevention Measures for all Activities
Free Cancelation Policy for Both Cancellation on the Day Before and Same-Day Cancelation
If you feel any kind of unwell on the day of the activity, please make sure to contact us. (Tel +81-0136-21-3333)
For Rafting/Ducky/Canyoning/Tree trekking/Golf Cart Tour/Sea Kayaking/Cycling:
Normally, a 50% or 100% cancelation fee will be applied to customers who wish to cancel on the day before or on the same day of their booked activity due to reasons other than force majeure respectfully. However, there will be no cancellation fee during this COVID-19 period.
For Other activities:
We may have to charge the cancellation fee. Please contact us to check.
Maintaining a hygienic environment and social distance at the resort center’s reception and cloth changing area
- For the reception, cloth changing, and photo sales, which are carried out indoors, regular cleaning and disinfection of the resort center is performed at regular intervals to ensure safety.
- Along with constant ventilation, we will install an alcohol disinfectant spray / hypochlorous acid disinfectant spray in various places throughout the building to create a hygienic environment where customers can feel safe about security. We will also disinfect items like pens used by customers in the reception.
- To prevent you from using the same changing room with other guests, we will be offering multiple changing rooms. We will also be calling out to keep social distancing when you change clothes.
- While those prevention measures are in effect, we have to stop selling photos of the tour during this period.
Practicing Social Distancing While Moving to the River by Vehicle
To make sure there is enough space between customers, we'd like to ask you not to sit right next to another customer. We will change the size of the transport vehicle depending on the number of passengers. Also, to make sure the vehicle is well ventilated, we will open the window during the transport.
Policies of Mask Wearing During the Activity
Due to the nature of activities such as rafting, it’s possible that your mask will get wet with water and will limit your ability to breathe. To prevent this, wearing a mask is not allowed during the activity. However, please wear a mask while moving to the activity location. Please be aware of these points before joining Hanazono’s activities.
For other outdoor activities, please follow instructions by your guide and keep your mask with you so that you can wear it when needed.
Regarding Your Physical Condition
We will conduct a temperature check for all customers who participate in our activities. If you were checked to have a fever of 37.5 degrees or higher, we would refuse to let you take part in our activities. We will also cancel the participation of customers who were to have cold symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, or runny nose. No cancellation fee will be charged, so please feel free to contact us.
Guests who do not participate in the activity cannot wait in the resort center. Please kindly wait in other places such as your car.
Specific Prevention Measures for Each Activity
Below are details of the safety measures for each activity.
- Considerations for grouping
We will try to arrange one boat for the same group as long as there is no problem in steering the boat. One boat is limited to two groups.
- There is a capacity per boat for different groups sharing a boat.
Ducky is a type of inflatable kayak activity for one or two persons. Customers in different groups will not be shared with one boat.
A basic rule for cycling is keeping a certain distance between bicycles while parallel riding. Our guide will ask you to keep a social distance of at least 2 meters during breaks.
We will run the tour at about half the normal capacity and make sure that customers are kept at an appropriate distance throughout the tour.
This is a completely private tour.
To avoid crowding (especially at the start of the activity), only a limited number of participants can join at one session.
We also ask you to keep your mask with you so that you can wear it when needed.
About measures for employees
Click on each item below to learn more about details.
・It is critically important for employees to monitor their own health and well-being.
・Employees who feel unwell during work hours will be sent home immediately.
・Employees remain at home should monitor their own health on a continuous basis. If symptoms do not improve, employees must consult a doctor or public health center.
・Report to the manager and the company.
・Report the results to the company in accordance with instructions from health centers and medical institutions.
・For residents, they will be observed in an isolated room provided by the company.
- Establish a communication system between the health management supervisor or health and safety promoter, etc., and the health center, and cooperate with all enquiries from the public health center.
- If a contact is identified as a close contact, report it to the company immediately and follow the instructions of the health center or medical institution.
- Consideration will be given to the privacy/human rights of infected persons to ensure that their names are not made public.
Information on COVID-19
• Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan's Overseas Safety Homepage: Strengthening border measures against new coronavirus infections in Japan
• Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare about disinfection and sterilization method of new coronavirus (Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Consumer Affairs Agency special page)
• Information on New Coronavirus Infection (COVID-19)
• Infection status in Hokkaido
Basic Policy for Countermeasures against Novel Coronavirus Infection (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
New Hokkaido Style (Hokkaido)
Guidelines for Preventing the Spread of New Coronavirus Infection in Amusement Parks and Theme Parks (East Japan Amusement Park Association, etc.)
Guidelines for Preventing the Spread of New Coronavirus Infection in Retail Stores (Japan Retailers Association, etc.)
Guidelines for Continuing Food Service Business (Japan Food Service Association)
Guidelines for Countermeasures against Novel Coronavirus Infection in Cableway Business (Japan Cable Transport Association)